Yesterday, I felt like reviewing some patches, so I fired up my Quickstart-based virtual machine and set about creating some Drupal development sites. I realized I first had to create Drush Make files to get the proper development versions installed. So I did that. However, I also realized that, despite cloning the code via Git and checking out a particular branch, the Git clone was not actually a Git repository. This is because Drush Make requires the –working-copy switch in order to do this. I’ve posted a workaround on the Quickstart issue queues. This post mostly serves as pointers to a couple things:
I had an interesting experience with Feeds and Feeds Tamper today. I wasn’t able to get a comma-separated set of words to turn into multiple tags no matter what I tried. I was using the Explode plugin that comes with Feeds Tamper and set the delimiter as a comma and the limit to 1. My research indicated this should work, but it didn’t.
There were two problems that were so counterintuitive, the urge to blog about them came over me. Disclaimer: I admit I’ve never properly read the Feeds documentation; I figured setting up a node importer based off a CSV parser would be pretty easy.
The solution is extremely simple:
When setting up your CSV importer and specifying Source column names, do not use spaces or uppercase letters. This means you need to avoid it in your CSV file as well.
That’s all! Instead of Body Text, call it body_text. What happens is that by the time Feeds Tamper receives your Feeds field, the data structure it uses to store them contains lowercase (and probably space-free) versions of whatever you had as the Source column names back in your updater. Using my tip ensures that these will be the same, and Feeds Tamper will be happy.
Have fun tampering.
P.S. The Latin in the title hopefully means, “Developer beware.”
The host is experiencing a DDoS attack on the node which has my VPS in it. Though this sucks, it’s simultaneously kind of exciting. Should be back soon, in any case, and I’ll probably implement some redundancy measures.
My previous code sprint was at SANDCamp 2011. That one was different in that the goals were planned out in advance and most of the time was spent writing code. In contrast, most of the time in this first COD sprint was spent planning, tweaking make files, and re-building feature modules. Porting an installation profile is a bigger job than writing a module, that’s for sure!
A neat thing about raffle prizes at Drupal meetups is the community aspect. Sometimes you win a prize for which you have no use and can give it back for use at another meetup.
This happened to me a couple months ago at the Downtown L.A. Drupal meetup. I won some online design-related training that I couldn’t use. I passed it on, and I suppose someone at the LA Drupal meetup received it.